I wanted to get a car wrapped for someone's birthday and they gave me a 4-5 day quote, several weeks ahead of time. While they had my other car with them, they mentioned to me that they might be moving locations the next week and they'd update me. They didn't update me.
I drop off the car to get wrapped on Friday morning. Their hours are 8AM to 6PM Monday through Saturday. I dropped off some wrap, told them to try to get the first part done by Monday and send me a picture. They didn't get it done.
Monday comes, the day to start (they assured me all the wraps are available and would be there.) Turns out one of the wraps didn't arrive til like Wednesday or Thursday, if it even arrived, because we switched it to another wrap last minute Friday that was never even used in the end (aka left uncovered.) Only a single update on the car, and they took it to another random location. This was a fairly expensive car and they just drove it out past DTLA without telling me first, when they were supposed to service it in Santa Monica. Apparently only a single guy was in charge of working on it all week, in a remote location.
I picked them because I wanted someone close by that I could trust, and I could go in and see how they were doing on the job sometime throughout the week. I didn't even get the wrap color I originally wanted, I didn't get it on time, I didn't get it serviced at the location I wanted, and they had a total of 7 business days to work on something they said would take 4-5 days and something I scheduled ahead of time I explained to them thoroughly before they started.
Again, to wrap it up:
1. After I specifically said I can just bring it at another time, they assured me they could get the car wrapped on time for the birthday/gift. They didn't. They couldn't even get the car halfway done to me on time.
2. The wrap they told me was available was not available and it did not arrive on time for them to wrap a small portion of the car first so I could take a look.
3. The service was NOT done at their location in Santa Monica and it was also not done at the location they were moving to in Beverly Hills. This was not communicated to me at all.
4. Only one person was in charge of working on the wrap job that was time-sensitive, the bulk of their team being too busy moving locations, when I specifically took it to a place that had multiple people and I was initially told that by them that "we" would work on it, implying they would be involved themselves.
5. It's Friday and they still have a few panels to do, the bumper, the roof, and they still need to do the chrome delete on it as well as some other parts.
I told them to just finish the rest other than the plastidip by 6PM (since they couldn't wrap some of the parts), I thought it was agreed that was the deal and they call past 8:30PM to let me know pretty much everything is still left over that they hadn't finished during the afternoon. Again, this is past the late delivery 7-8PM, when they said they would FULLY have it done by on Friday (in the afternoon.)
I get it, they were busy, they don't want to rush anything, but the fact that they didn't communicate any of this through their transitioning process to a new store made my experience quite bad, especially when they were told several times that this was time-sensitive and to update me on the move before they do it.
They blamed it taking so long on the car being dirty, but they're professionals and should be able to clean it properly before a wrap. They also didn't want to initially release the car on time, even half done, and said they would have to collect 7% higher than they initially quoted, but at least 85% of the payment, even though the following was left over: front grille guard, bumper, wheels, interior, side molding, foot step, mirrors. Basically making me pay more than they actually did so I would have to go back to them to finish the job, even though I do not feel comfortable using them anymore.
They're also making me sign something first before they hand over the car, without even showing the car.